1. Last year, nine employees of an electronics company retired. Their ages at retirement are listed below. Find the mean retirement age, to the nearest year.
65 67 64 70 71 63 62 64 75
2. A store manager kept track of the number of newspapers sold each week over a seven-week period. The results are shown below.
36 30 201 152 278 242 230
Find the median number of newspapers sold.
3. Last year, nine employees of an electronics company retired. Their ages at retirement are listed below.
52 65 67 51 50 64 68 58 56 Find the Mode
4. The amount of time (in hours) that Sam studied for an exam on each of the last five days is given below. Find the mean study time.
2.7 8.2 8.7 2.4 4.6
5. The distances (in miles) driven in the past week by each of a company's sales representatives are listed below.
45 70 242 268 452 490
Find the median distance driven.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 3:25 am ad1c9bdddf
The mean is the average, or 'central' value, of a set of numbers. To calculate mean, just add up all the numbers and then divide that total by how many numbers there are.
The median is the middle number in a sorted list of numbers. To determine the median, place the numbers in order according to their value and find the number in the middle of the list.
The mode of a set of numbers is the number which appears most often in a set of numbers. For example, in (3, 6, 9, 6, 5, 9, 3, 6) the mode would be 6 because it occurs most ...
This solution provides detailed definitions, explanation and calculations for determining mean, median and mode in the relevant cases. This solution is 432 words.