An essential issue in international business is determining which components to manufacture in-house and which to outsource to independent suppliers. Is outsourcing a good idea? Explain your answer in a persuasive way.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 5:02 am ad1c9bdddf
Please find below my research to assist you in responding to your homework. I have outlined the advantages and disadvantages of manufacturing in-house and outsourcing production so that you will have an idea of how each of them works and eventually lead you to respond if outsourcing would be a better option than in-house manufacturing.
Thank you for patronizing BrainMass.
- More control over the production process and assurance of producing high-quality products as you can manage materials, workers, etc.
- The company can save on production costs and expenses when they purchase materials directly from the manufacturer instead of buying from suppliers.
- If a company can do the following: manufacturing, keep the products in warehouse and ship in-house, then the products can be delivered to the customers faster and results in reduction of logistics costs.
- The production process is a source of the company's competitive advantage. Companies that manufacture their ...
* Manufacturing In-house: advantages & disadvantages
* Outsourcing production processes: advantages & disadvantages
* 493 words
* 4 references (non-APA)