Research health care disparities between the United States and another country of your choice.
Compare economic policies for health promotion, wellness, and prevention programs in the United States and the country you selected. How are they different? What is the economic motivation for each?
Analyze implications of these economic policies and disparities. How does this relate to volume-based versus value-based health care?
Analyze how you might implement the policies from the country you selected in the United States (macro) and your own state (micro). Evaluate the influence of U.S. market conditions on the provision of health care.
has to be 4- to 6-page paper. I am offering $20, if you cannot submit 4 to 6 pages do not touch it© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:30 am ad1c9bdddf
DISPARITIES IN HEALTHCARE UNITED STATES VS UNITED KINGDOM
While culturally and historically United States and United Kingdom are similar, they are drastically different when it comes to healthcare. The Government of United Kingdom provides healthcare access to all citizens via its program called National Health Service (NHS). It is a market-minimized, National Health Service model that is made up of several sub-systems, broken down by each of the four sub-countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Northern Ireland). However NHS remains one large organization that provides healthcare access to residents of United Kingdom. There is also growth of private healthcare industry which includes AXA PPP Healthcare and BUPA which are two largest private insurers. Since its inception in 1948, NHS is run at local level by organizations known as strategic health authorities (SHAs) and trusts. There are ten SHAs throughout England. The Primary care trusts (PCTs) are the main units of providing healthcare and control approximately 80% of NHS budget. The role of PCTs is to understand the need of individual and direct to right practitioner-GP, hospitals or dentists. Apart from direct services, NHS also provides many other services like NHS walk-in centers, online services, and information centers. Under NHS patients receive healthcare that is considered free at point of entry, except for few services.
Recent healthcare reforms- The way primary care physician spends money on their patients would change with the new reform. They would be able to buy services, like tests and X-rays, from NHS hospitals and clinics as they do now, but also increasingly from private companies, or charities, or cooperatives (Lieberman, 2012).
Problem: Over the last decade NHS had lot of money flowing in because of which it was able to easily address problems of citizens. However, in time to come, there could be flat funding with increasing demands due to reasons common to developed countries.
NHS works in partnership with local health services through Health and Wellbeing Boards to work for prevention of disease ...
Comparison for healthcare systems in US and UK and policy changes for US.
Sample Quantitative Research Proposal
I need help with developing an abbreviated quantitative research plan. Here is the research problem:
Health disparities are a growing concern in the U.S. There are also a significant proportion of people with limited or no health insurance which may prevent them from receiving adequate health care, medication, and the use preventative measures such as exercise and diet. How would you address this issue?
I then need to complete the following:
Create a problem/purpose statement.
Draft an introduction for your abbreviated research plan.
Provide viable research questions and hypotheses.
Generate a written research plan that addresses the following questions:
* What are your research questions? To what extent can you test them? How would you justify the viability of your questions?
* What are your hypotheses? How would you test them?
* Why would this design be the most appropriate for answering the research questions? Conversely, why would qualitative and mixed methods designs not be appropriate?
* What quantitative approach would you select for this study? Why is that approach the most appropriate one for answering the research questions?
* What theoretical framework or perspective would you use?
* What is your target population? How would you identify and recruit participants? What factors would contribute to determining appropriate sample size? You will not need to calculate sample size for this assignment.
* What are the independent and dependent variables?
* If appropriate for your plan, what instruments might you need?
* What data collection procedures might you use? Why would those be the most appropriate methods to use? How would that data help to answer your research question(s)/hypotheses?
* What are threats to validity? How might you mitigate them?
* How might you analyze the data?
* What are the ethical considerations related to the plan?View Full Posting Details