Some recent support for the concept of criminal career pathways was put forward by Sheila Royo Maxwell and Christopher Maxwell in their study of the career paths of young female offenders. One distinct group consisted of women who used drugs and engaged in a variety of illegal activities, including theft and prostitution, to generate capital for further drug purchases. The second group specialized in drug selling and avoided prostitution and other illegal activities.
The Maxwell research suggests the existence of a multitude of criminal career subgroupings (for example, prostitutes, drug dealers) that each have their own distinctive career paths.
1. How would a conservative reply to a call for more restorative justice?
How would a restorative justice advocate respond to a conservative call for more prisons?
2. Considering recent changes in American culture, how would a power- control theorist explain recent drops in the U.S. crime rate?
3. Is conflict inevitable in all cultures?
If not, what can be done to reduce the level of conflict in our own society?
4. If Marx were alive today, what would he think about the prosperity enjoyed by the working class in industrial societies? Might he alter his vision of the capitalist system?
Just need the 4 questions answered with simple answers thanks!© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 9:17 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. How would a conservative reply to a call for more restorative justice? How would a restorative justice advocate respond to a conservative call for more prisons?
Restorative justice is a product of a liberal mind as they are more lenient on crime and punishment. A conservative would not likely move to increase restorative justice as they tend to be tougher on crime. So it is likely that conservatives may even cut back on funding for restorative justice thereby replying to a call for more by advocating for less of it.
A restorative justice advocate would not agree with a Conservative's call for more prisons requiring rather that prisons be cut back and that delinquent persons be dealt with by means other than prison in this case by restorative justice
2. Considering recent changes in American culture, how would a ...
This solution discusses different theorists on criminal behavior, how a conservative would respond to the idea of more prisons and restorative justice and how a power control theorist explain recent drops in the U.S. crime rate.