It is still January 2, 2012. You have just completed your revised SLP3 strategy using CVP analysis, and you are eager to implement your decisions for 2012 through 2014.
//I have attached the first 3 parts as reference//
Using the CVP analysis from SLP3, run the simulation for a final time. Again, be sure to take notes about your analysis and the document the reasoning behind your decisions.
//I need your assistance to be able to// :Finalize your report showing the strategy you have used.
Using the strategy that developed in SLP3, run the simulation. Document your results as you did previously. Review and analyze these results, and develop a final strategy.Please turn in a 6 to 8 page paper, not including cover and reference pages.
Keys to the Assignment
• The revised strategy consists of the Prices, R&D Allocation %, and any product discontinuations for the X5, X6, and X7 tablets for each of the four years: 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
• You must present a rational justification for this strategy. In other words, you must provide support for your proposed strategy using financial analysis and relevant theories.
• Use the CVP Calculator and review the PowerPoint that explains CVP and provides some examples.
• You will need to crunch some numbers (CVP Analysis) to help you determine your prices and R&D allocations.
• Make sure your proposed changes in strategy are firmly based in this analysis of financial and market data and sound business principles.
• Present your analysis professionally, making strategic use of tables, charts, and graphs.
Time Line Summary:
• 2015: Hired on December 15.
• Turned in first report to CEO Smothers.
• You are returned - via Time Warp - to January 1, 2012.
• You make decisions for 2012 - 2015.
• December 31, 2015 - You have revised all four years, and you write up your summary report.
• Apparently, your SLP2 decisions were not "good enough," as you've again been returned to January 1, 2012.
• It is once again January 1, 2012: You decide to use CVP analysis to develop a revised four-year plan for your strategy. You analyze the results of your first decisions from SLP2, taking notes, and documenting your decision-making process. You use the CVP Calculator to help you develop your strategy. Your notes explaining the logic behind your decisions.
• It is still January 2, 2012. Using your CVP analysis from SLP3, you run the simulation, implementing your revised four-year plan. You keep track of your financial and marketing results year over year.
• You submit your final 6-8 page report, which includes your Final Total Score.
• You compare - and report - your results with previous results.
The response addresses the query posted in 1505 words with APA references
// Clipboard Tablets Company produces three products that are X5, X6, and X7. In this discussion, the price strategy and R&D budget strategy in order to improve revenue performance of the products has been explored. There will also be description regarding phases of product life cycle in order to develop rational strategies for 2012.//
X5 is in its maturity phase because the customers are not worried about the performance of the product on the market for 3 years that is clearly mentioned in introductory stage of the simulation. There is need to focus on price and R&D budget in order to improve features and perfection in order to face competition in the market. X6 is in its growth phase because the introduction stage of the simulation states that customers care about performance and not price on the market for 2 years. X7 in its introduction phase because the introduction stage of the simulation describes that customers care about price and performance on the market for 1 year.
The strategy regarding R&D budget for X5 and X6 will be increase in the R&D expense because both the products need improvement in the features and perfection for more suitability to the customers. The price for X5 is to be reduced because the product is in its maturity phase. The price for X6 will be increased because the customers do not care about price. The price strategy for X7 is also needs reduction in the price because of penetration policy into the market through low price of the product. There will be increase in the R&D expense for X7 in order to improve its position in the market.
We are going to reduce price of X5 by $15 that reduce current price of $285 to $270. The strategy regarding R&D expense will be in form of increase by 7% that raises the R&D expense up to 40%. The strategy implementation for X6 is to increase in price by $10 that increase its price up to with increase in the R&D expense by 6% that raises the R&D expense up to 40%. There is also reduction in the price of X7 by $10 that decreases price to $180 with increase in the R&D expense by 7% in order to make its more competitive in the market.
On the basis of above strategies for 2012, ...
The response addresses the query posted in 1505 words with APA references.