The Case of the Mexican Crazy Quilt: The response should integrate readings and class discussions into work and life experiences. It may include explanation and examples from previous experiences as well as implications for future applications
1. Was Linderman Industries' adoption of project organization an appropriate one for getting the Mexican subsidiary started?
2. In consideration of Robert Linderman's letting the division managers know the project manager would be asking for some of their key people, why would Conway have any difficulty in getting the ones he wanted?
3. Would you expect that many people would turn down a chance to join a project organization, as Bert Mill did?
4. Why would Conway take his problem with the engineering vice president to Linderman and have it resolved in his favor, yet back down in two disputes with the manufacturing vice president?
5. What could Linderman Industries have done to assure good jobs for the people coming off Project Mexicano, including Carl Conway, the project manager?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 12:29 am ad1c9bdddf
The Case of the Mexican Crazy Quilt:
1. Was Lindeman Industries' adoption of project organization an appropriate one for getting the Mexican subsidiary started?
No, the adoption of project organization for getting the Mexican subsidiary started was not appropriate for getting the Mexican subsidiary started. The reason is that the project structure is temporary. All team members are drawn from different organization parts. On the other hand the Mexican subsidiary was a permanent organization. The project organization exists only from the commencement of the project till its end. On the other hand the Mexican subsidiary would continue indefinitely.
Consider this, by using a project organization, Lindeman has disrupted the organizations of several functions and divisions. Several indispensable persons have been transferred to the project organization causing ill-will and disruption among the organizations from which they have been taken and also disrupted their careers.
2. In consideration of Robert Linderman's letting the division ...
Case of the Mexican Crazy Quilt is discussed very comprehensively in this explanation..