You are the CEO of a large company seeking to invest in either Central or South America and have directed your staff to prepare a report and recommendations. Two of the countries you are assigned are Brazil and Venezuela, and it is your task to make the recommendation between these two countries. Assess the various risks in each of these countries. Which country would you recommend and why?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:52 pm ad1c9bdddf
If you are a CEO of a large company that is seeking to invest either in Brazil or in Venezuela it is recommended that you invest in Brazil. The risk of doing business in Brazil is less than the risk of doing business in Venezuela. The financial risk is higher in Venezuela. There is a lot of red tape and bureaucracy that has to be overcome in Venezuela. This is relatively lower in Brazil. In Venezuela barriers exist for every financial transaction. ...
This solution explains differences between Brazil and Venezuela in investing. The sources used are also included in the solution.
Global business and regionalism
Managers have to consider the relative advantages of globalization and regionalism when developing strategies for global businesses. They must formulate and implement appropriate strategies to ensure that operations are successful. Write a concept paper in which you formulate a strategy for going global within two different regions of the world. Select two larger geographic regions and specify certain countries within each. Discuss the following important issues:
* Benefits of investing in the chosen countries
* Impact of any bilateral relationships, multilateral arrangements, and regional agreements between the two countries
* Entry strategies (Exporting, licensing, franchising, contract manufacturing, turnkey operations, management contracts, joint ventures, and fully owned subsidiaries)
* Implementation of strategy in the new subsidiaries
* Details of strategic alliances (organizational structure, control systems, and labor relations)
* Concept of equality in the workplace
* Behavioral expectations from minority members in these regions
* Impact of technology on minorities in these regions
* Influence of individualism and collectivism on workers' behaviors in these regionsView Full Posting Details