Please help to answer the questions using the case (file attached), based on the following criteria:
1. Evaluate the statutory provisions on buyer's and seller's remedies
2. Apply product liability statutory provisions
1. Maggie is entitled to bring a legal action against Thunderbolt & Lightning for selling her a defective tumble dryer. It will not matter that she purchased the goods for sale. A sale is simply a promotional tool to increase the sale of a product. The loss caused to Maggie is either because of manufacturing defect or design defect and she can bring action against manufacturer, distributors, suppliers, or retailers. This right is protected by Section 2 of the Restatement (Third) of Torts. She can bring legal action against Thunderbolt & Lightning. (See: Barker v. Lull Engineering)
2. Charlie can pursue legal action because of injuries that he has suffered. He was in the house when the fire happened. He was taken to hospital and was diagnosed as suffering from serious smoke ...
The answer to this problem explains product liability law . The references related to the answer are also included.
Business Law: Tort Liability, Product Liability
1. Consider your company or industry, or another organization with which you are familiar. For that organization, identify a common type of tort liability that can arise in the organization. What legal principles apply to that type of tort liability?
2. Select a product you are familiar with or interested in. What product liability issues arise for that product? What measures can management take to prevent these product liability problems from arising? How can they minimize legal risk involving the product?View Full Posting Details