Analyze the ethical decision making model from the point of view of critical thinking from the doc. attached. Were any of the steps omitted?
Analyze the ethical decision making model from the point of view of core values, which ones are present, which ones are missing?
The E-Kin Company has matured.
It has new employees and new ethical problems.
We invite you to read about E-Kin and its employees,
then discuss the ethical quandaries using the ethical decision making model.
Ethical Decision Making Model (when you don't know what to do)
1. Gather the facts.
2. List the stakeholders involved.
3. Imagine alternatives that can be taken.
Discard those that are clearly wrong.
Picture each remaining alternative in terms of relevant questions:
4. Does it comply with the law and the company code and policies?
5. Will it be beneficial to all stakeholders long and short term?
6. Will it fulfill the rights and duties to all stakeholders?
7. Is it fair to all?
8. Will it build good will and better relationships?
9. If my decision is made public would I be embarrassed or proud?
Think Wide. Think Far.
Although the decision making model contains most of the steps, few more questions could be integrated to compare each alternative from the point of view of critical thinking. Critical thinking implies that all the possible pros and cons of taking a decision must be analyzed and following questins may be addedto the set of questions already ...
Although the decision making model contains most of the steps, few more questions could be integrated.