1. List and describe the different types of portfolio analyses available to a firm's management team. (BCG MATRIX AND GE BUSINESS SCREEN).
2.Fully describe the value of portfolio analysis.
3.In detail, indicate its dangers/limitations.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:25 am ad1c9bdddf
This is the process where every investment that is being held in the portfolio is evaluated on how it generally affects the total performance of the company. Through the portfolio analysis process, a determination is sought on the variance of an individual security, the allocation of assets in the portfolio and the amount of the diversification. Through the portfolio analysis process, the analyst seeks to establish the modes that can be used in the mitigating any risks that are present. The products and the services that make up the association in the business portfolio will hence be protected (Understanding Portfolio, 2011).
The Portfolio Analysis Available to the Management Team of the Organization:
The organization's portfolio is the total composition of the products and the services that make up the operations of the company. It is significant to state that these two methods will give the management body the ability to determine the optimum allocations of the company resources hence utilizing all the available ...
The solution discusses the different types of portfolio analyses for firm's management team.
1. Why are corporate strategy and competitive strategy separated in diversified companies but not in single-business line companies? Do not define each. Why are they separated?
2. What is the single, primary underlying purpose of corporate strategy?
3. Define "inflection point" as it applies to the Product Life Cycle. Why is it important to strategists?
4. Is the portfolio analysis an analysis of industry or does it represent an analysis of a firm's product?
5.What determines how we apply our individual ethical standards?
6.What is the one, underlying asset necessary for building a capable organization?
7.Should a company's accounting department be centralized or decentralized? Why?
8 If our company were selling laptop computers out of the same building to the city government, select businesses, and end-user consumers for home use, which alternative organizational structure would be most effective? Why?
9.Is the use of Total Quality Management as a tool for improving business performance more about strengths? Or, is it more about opportunities? Why?
10.How is leadership "different" from management? Do not define each. How are they different?View Full Posting Details