See attached file for a template.
Problem 1. The May 31, 2012, balance per bank statement for Upton Company was $7,200. The cash balance per books was $9,500. Outstanding checks amounted to $800, and deposits in transit were $2,400. The bank statement contained an NSF check for $500, a service charge for $25, and a debit memo for direct payment of the telephone bill of $175.
1) Prepare a bank reconciliation to determine the true cash balance at May 31, 2012.
Problem 2. Scott Company is a merchandising business that was started in 2012. Scott uses the perpetual inventory system. It experienced the following events during 2012.
1. Acquired $25,000 cash by issuing common stock
2. Purchased inventory on account that cost $14,000, terms 2/10, n/30
3. Sold inventory that had cost $8,400 for $15,000 cash
4. Paid for the merchandise referred to in event 2, within the discount period
1) Record the events in the financial statements model below; include column totals.
2) Prepare an income statement for 2012.
3) What is the amount of total assets at the end of 2012?
Solutions to your two problems are provided in a separate Excel file attached.
1. Bank Reconciliation reconciling ...
The following posting helps with problems involving bank reconciliation, financial statements, income statements and total assets.