List the steps involved in selecting and evaluating a non-statistical or a statistical sample for tests of controls.
Identify the professional judgments that must be made associated with each step.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 8:26 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Determine the test objectives.
2. Determine procedures to meet objectives.
3. Make a decision about the audit sampling technique.
4. Define the population and sampling unit.
5. Determine the sample size.
6. Select a representative sample.
7. Apply audit procedures.
8. Evaluate the sample results.
9. Document conclusions.
1. The test objective should be reasonable, something that can be achieved with in a reasonable amount of time with reasonable resources.
2. The ...
This is a discussion on evaluating non-statistical or statistical samples for tests of controls and the judgments associated with the steps of the evaluation.