Answer questions after reading activity in the attached file:
1. What happened here? Were there really any right or wrong answers?
2. Why or why not?
3. Can even a minimal exposure to accounting theory influence reasoning power?
4. Is accounting theory really necessary for the establishment of accounting rules? Why or why not?
Based on the reading activity, various aspects of accounting theory are examined, such as what happened, whether there are right or wrong answers, the impact of accounting theory on reasoning power and the role of accounting theory for the establishment of accounting rules.
Article review - Does Selection-Socialization Help to Explain Accountants' Weak Ethical Reasoning?
Does Selection-Socialization Help to Explain Accountants' Weak Ethical Reasoning?
Journal of Business Ethics 42: 71-81, 2003.
2003 Kluwer Academic Publishers. Printed in the Netherlands.
Mohammad J. Abdolmohammadi
William J. Read
D. Paul Scarbrough
Read the attached article and provide feedback on the following questions:
1. Explain the purpose of the article and the research method used
2. Explain the major conclusions of the article
3. What is your opinion on these conclusions?
4. Do you think selection socialization exists in public accounting?
5. Do you think accountants have certain characteristics, as indicated in the article? Why or why not?
6. If you agree, what encourages these characteristics?
7. Can that be changed? Should it be changed?
8. If you agree with the article, how can public accounting firms benefit from these findings? If you disagree with the article, what are the implications for public accounting and accounting education?
9. What is your alternative explanation of these findings?View Full Posting Details