Identify the following activities performed on a manufactured product as value-adding (VA) or nonvalue-adding (NA).
2. Storing raw materials
3. Moving materials
4. Working on product
5. Painting product
6. Packing and shipping
7. Engineering design of product
8. Storing finished goods© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 1:02 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Receiving : NA as it is just changing the location of the goods but not making it better in the eyes of the customer.
2. Storing raw materials : NA as it is just sitting in the location but not any better in the eyes of the customer.
3. Moving materials : NA as it is just changing the ...
This solution helps with problems involving accounting standards. It helps identify various activities performed on a manufactured product as value-adding or nonvalue-adding. Concepts discussed include receiving, storing raw materials, moving materials, working on product, painting product, packing and shipping, engineering design of product and storing finished goods.