- You have a rabbit with an unknown illness. Apply Koch's postulates to prove that a specific bacterial species is responsible for the rabbit's illness. Identify all four postulates in your answer and describe how you would set up experiments to specifically address each postulate.
- List and describe 2 distinguishing features of prokaryotes and eukaryotes (ie: not in common) and 2 features that prokaryotes and eukaryotes have in common.
- Briefly describe the debate between the theory of spontaneous generation and the theory of biogenesis. Explain how Louis Pasteur's experiment with the S-neck flasks in the 1800s resolved this debate. Include a detailed description of Pasteur's experiment and an analysis of how it successfully proved one theory over the other.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:12 am ad1c9bdddf
This solution fully describes distinguishing traits of prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
Microbiology Study Questions
11. Define restriction enzymes, and outline how they are used to make recombinant DNA.
12. Outline the PCR process and provide an example of its use.
13. Describe five ways of getting DNA into a cell.
14. Describe how a gene library is made.
15. Differentiate between cDNA and synthetic DNA.
16. Diagram the Southern blot procedure and provide an example of its use.
17. Discuss the advantages of the three-domain system.
18. List the characteristics of the Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarya domains.
19. Differentiate among eukaryotic, prokaryotic, and viral species.
20. List the major characteristics used to differentiate the three kingdoms of multicellular Eukarya.