Basic eukaryotic chromosome mapping is depicted.
Molecular Biology of the Cell
1. Compare and contrast, in depth, the cellular processes of mitosis and meiosis. Include interphase in your explanation. Chromosomal movement and status must be included in your answer. You may include a diagram to explain your answer but you must discuss each portion of the diagram.
2. Explain the following signaling pathways in a cell: endocrine signal, paracrine signal, autocrine signaling and give specific examples of each.
3. If you lay out end-to-end all 46 chromosomes found in the human genome the length would total about 3 meters (~10 feet). Please explain fully how that much DNA fit into a eukaryotic nucleus that is usually less than 20µm in diameter.
4. The endosymbiotic theory postulates that the mitochondria and chloroplasts were once free-living organisms. Please explain this theory and give at least one specific example for each organelle that would support the theory that they were once free-living. In addition, some scientists argue that flagellum and cilia were once free living organisms. Please give an argument that either supports or rejects this argument.
5. Please discuss, in depth, the major components of the cytoskeleton. Please discuss how the cytoskeleton aids in the organization of the eukaryotic cell. Include in this answer the major functions of each.View Full Posting Details