Find a research article; find the obtained value, and its level of significance. Discuss how comfortable you are with the inferences made by the researcher based on the theories of Type I and Type II errors.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:42 am ad1c9bdddf
This solution is comprised of a detailed explanation on test statistics value, level of signficance and conclusion based on the analysis of a selected research article. Type I and Type II errors are explianed in the solution. The selected article is also attached in the solution for better understanding.
Hypothesis Testing, Statistical Inference, and Regression Analysis
1, Explain the difference between the null and alternative hypothesis. Which one can be proven in a statistical sense?
2. What are the differences between one- and two- sample hypothesis tests? Describe the correct mathematical form for specifying the null and alternative hypotheses for both types of tests.
3. Explain Type I and Type II errors. Which one is controllable by the experimenter?
4. What is the difference between paired and independent samples?
5. Provide some practical examples from FINANCIAL SALES where regression models might be used.
6. Explain the difference between simple and multiple linear regression.
7. What do we mean by "significance of regression?"