1. 49, 34, and 48 students are selected from the Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes with 496, 348, and 481 students respectively. Identify which type of sampling is used and why
2. The name of each contestant is written on a separate card, the cards are placed in a bag, and three names are picked from the bag. Identify which type of sampling is used and why
3. An education expert is researching teaching methods and wishes to interview teachers from a particular school district. She randomly selects ten schools from the district and interviews all of the teachers at the selected schools. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
4. A polling company obtains an alphabetical list of names of voters in a precinct. They select every 20th person from the list until a sample of 100 is obtained. They then call these 100 people. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
5. The personnel manager at a company wants to investigate job satisfaction among the female employees. One evening after a meeting she talks to all 30 female employees who attended the meeting. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 2, 2020, 1:36 am ad1c9bdddf
Calculations are provided for (1) and discussion is provided for (2) through (5) in 251 words in this tutorial.