I need help with details on the following problem:
The time it takes for a taxi to drive fro, the office to the airport was recorded on 40 occasions. It was found that x_bar = 47 minutes and s = 5 minutes. Give
a) An estimate of μ = population mean time to drive.
b) An approximate 95.4% error margin.
Thanks© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 8:05 pm ad1c9bdddf
Solution attaches a Word file to estimate the mean and error margin for a taxi drive to the airport.
Populations and samples used in research
1. Why would you use a small sample to draw inference about a large population?
2. What is the difference between a sample parameter (X-bar and s) and a proportion parameter (ρ)?
3. When would you use a two population test with a small sample size at your place of employment, in your education, or in politics?
4. When testing two populations with small sample sizes, do both sample sizes have to be identical? Why or why not?
5. What are the differences among a proportion, a percentage, and a ratio?
6. What do you do when testing two populations, if one sample's size is small and the other sample's size is large?