The task is to provide evidence, for or against, common perceptions about property crime. Are crime rates higher in urban than rural areas? Does unemployment or education level contribute to property crime rates? How about public assistance? What other factors relate to property crimes? The file named Data File may help answer some of these questions. This data should be used to prepare a 4-5 page report on the characteristics of and determinants of property crimes in the United States.
The statistical analysis of the data involves multiple regression analysis.
Questions to answer are:
1. What are the primary determinants of property crimes in the United States?
2. What would you like to know about property crime rates that cannot be answered by this data set?
3. How does population density affect property crime rates? Is this expected?
You will find and explain the regression model using a non-technical discussion to explain the important factors effect on the property crime rate. Please include statistical analysis output in excel data spreadsheet attached (i.e. descriptive stats, multiple regression, etc).
Findings Outline (4 -5 pages)
I. The executive summary
A. Most important facts and conclusions.
B. One paragraph, no more!
II. The introduction
A. Several paragraphs.
1. Background on the problem.
2. Questions of interest, problem statement, and/or hypotheses.
3. The nature of the data set - describe the sample.
III. Analysis and methods section
A. Interpret the statistical summaries
1. Tell the reader what you found in the data (results, facts only).
2. Explain what those findings mean with regard to the problem (interpret results).
IV. Conclusions and summary section.
A. What has the analysis revealed?
B. Why was the analysis done? (Refers back to case background.)
C. What of value was discovered? (Any unexpected results.)
D. How have your questions been answered? (Refers back to questions of interest, problem statement, and/or hypotheses
Please see the attached for response. I conducted a series of data analyses including two regressions ...
The following demonstrates an exploratory regression analysis of several variables to help identify the determinants of property crime. The outline for a paper to report the results and a narrative of the project are provided as well.