Explore BrainMass

Line of Regression

I have been interested in the number of patients in some hospital per quarter. I have collected data for 15 quarters. My friend ran some quick calculations on the data and told me that 72% of the variation in patients can be explained, but the other 28% is still a mystery. I want to determine the regression equation, but first wonder if I have correlation between the time in quarters and the number of patients. I will use a = .05. What would you tell me? Back up your opinion with some calculations.


Solution Summary

To find the line of regression of number of patients in some hospital.