Explore BrainMass
Share

Explore BrainMass

    Probability: Calculating the Odds

    This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!

    Question: If a person were to be hit by lightning, they have a 33 percent chance of being killed.
    (a) Find the odds that a person will be killed if struck by lightning.
    (b) Find the odds against a person being killed if struck by lightning.

    © BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 9:50 pm ad1c9bdddf
    https://brainmass.com/statistics/probability/probability-calculating-the-odds-198837

    Solution Preview

    Since there is a 33% chance of being killed, there is a 100 - 33 = 67% chance of not ...

    Solution Summary

    This solution provides a brief, but concise response which addresses this probability-based question. The proper calculations, along with the correct reasoning, are given in order to illustrate how these types of questions need to be approached.

    $2.19