As part of a study on transportation safety, the U.S. Department of Transportation collected data on the number of fatal accidents per 1000 licenses and the percentage of licensed drivers under the age of 21 in a sample of 42 cities. Data collected over a one-year period follow.
Please see the attached file for the table.
1. Write the regression equation.
2. Interpret the regression constant and regression coefficient.
3. Forecast a value for the dependent variable.
4. Conduct a test on the regression coefficient at an alpha level of .05.
5. Conduct a test on the overall significance of the regression equation.
6. Interpret the coefficient of determination.7. Are there any violations of the general linear model? Be specific.
This solution conducts a statistical analysis in an Excel file on the number of fatal accidents per 1000 licenses and the percentage of licensed drivers under the age of 21. The regression equation is determined, a forecast is given for the dependent variable and a test is conducted on the regression coefficient.