Can you please explain how this is done in excel and what the statistical formulas are.
I do know that for a hypothesis test with .05 or 95% must compute the z-value which is actual - predit/som var - how do I do this.
1. Test a hypothesis to see whether the average overall job satisfaction (in the population of all workers in the USA) is equal to 4.5 with a = .05.
a. State the null hypothesis, the alternative hypothesis, and the significance level.
b. Using the data in our database, calculate the test statistic.
c. What is the critical level for the significance level?
d. What is your conclusion? Do we accept or reject the null hypothesis?
You may use Excel for the calculations, but you need to answer all four parts of this question.
2. Propose a hypothesis test for the mean intrinsic job satisfaction, similar to the test from problem 1, and answer parts a, b, c, and d of problem 1 for this hypothesis test. You may use Excel for the calculations, but you need to answer the four questions.
3. We believe that half of the population would have an extrinsic job satisfaction of 5.0 or greater. Answer parts a, b, c, and d of problem 1 for this hypothesis test of a proportion. You may use Excel for the calculations, but you need to answer the four questions.
4. We believe that the variance of the overall job satisfaction is equal to 1.0 Answer parts a, b, c, and d of problem 1 for this hypothesis test of a variance. You may use Excel for the calculations, but you need to answer the four questions.
5. We will call a "deskbody" a person whose intrinsic job satisfaction level is higher than their extrinsic job satisfaction level (i.e. happy with their job more than their office). We will call a "socialbody" a person whose extrinsic job satisfaction level is higher than their intrinsic job satisfaction level (i.e. happy with the office more than their job). We believe that there are equal deskbodies and socialbodies in the work force.
a. State an appropriate null hypothesis and its alternative hypothesis.
b. In our database, what percent of the employees are deskbodies? Are socialbodies?
c. What did you do with the employees who had equal intrinsics and extrinsics?
6. Determine the required sample size if you need to estimate the number of workers in the United States who are highly satisfied with their job and you want the estimate to be within 2 percentage points with a 96% confidence interval.
This Solution contains over 1000 words and calculations to aid you in understanding the Solution to these questions.