I need assistance with the problem below.
Thanks in advance!
The Chocolate Chip file contains the cost (in cents) per 1-ounce serving for a sample of 13 Choclate Chip Cookies.
The data is as follows (also see the attached file labelled chocolate chip cookies that is the only file needed)
54 22 25 23 36 43 7 43 25 47 24 45 44
1. Compute the mean, median and mode
2. Compute the variance, standard deviation, range, coefficient of variation, and Z scores. Are there any outliers?
3. Is the data skewed? if so how?
4. Based on info in a-c, what conclusion can be drawn to determine cost of Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Thanks for your help.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:56 am ad1c9bdddf
The solution gives detailed steps on computing mean, median, mode, variance, standard deviation, range, coefficient of variation and Z scores and performing relevant analysis.
Probability and basic statistics
Help me with the attached problems with steps.
1. Linda owns a small business. Use the probability distribution below, where X represents the number of employees who call in sick on a given day. (2 points each)
Number of Employees Sick 0 1 2 3 4
P(X = x) 0.05 0.45 0.15 0.1
a. P(X = 2) is ______________________
b. The expected value (Mean) of the number of employees calling in sick on any given day is ____________________
c. The standard deviation for the random variable X is __________________
2. According to the Information Please Almanac, 6% of the human population is blood type O-negative. A simple random sample of size 4 is obtained, and the number of people X with blood type O-negative is recorded. (Binomial) 2 points each
a. The probability that exactly 3 out of 4 have blood type O-negative is ____________
b. The expected value (Mean) is ____________________
c. The standard deviation is ___________________
3. The number of chocolate chips in an 18-ounce bag of Chips Ahoy! Chocolate chip cookies are approximately normally distributed with a mean of 1262 chips and standard deviation 118 chips. ( 2 points each)
a. The probability that a randomly selected 18-ounce bag of Chips Ahoy! Cookies contains between 1000 and 1400 chocolate chips is ___________________
b. The probability that a randomly selected 18-ounce bag of Chips Ahoy! Cookies contains fewer than 1000 chocolate chips is _____________________
c. The proportion that 18-ounce bags of Chip Ahoy! Cookies contain more than 1400 chocolate chips is _____________________
d. How many chocolate chips does an 18-ounce bag of Chips Ahoy! Chocolate chip cookies need to place in the top 3% of the distribution? _____________________
e. What is the percentile rank of an 18-ounce bag of Chip Ahoy! Cookies that contains 1475 chocolate chips? ____________________________View Full Posting Details