See attached file.
I do not have the capabilty to use Microsoft Word's Equation Editor and on some of these questions the "x" should have a line over it.
1. Write a hypothesis to test the differences between two populations.
2. (STATISTICAL INFERENCES ABOUT TWO POPULATIONS) Use the following sample information to construct a 90% confidence interval for the difference in the two population means.
Sample 1 Sample 2
nı = 32 n2 = 31
xı = 70.4 x2 = 68.7
σ1 = 5.76 σ2 = 6.1
3. (STATISTICAL INFERENCES ABOUT TWO POPULATIONS) A. Use the following data and a = .10 to test the stated hypotheses. Assume x is normally distributed in the populations and the variances of the populations are approximately equal. H0: µ1 - µ2 = 0 Ha: µ1 - µ2 = 0
Sample 1 Sample
2 n1 = 20 n2 = 20
x1 = 118 x2 = 113
s 1 = 23.9 s 2 = 21.6
B. Use these data to construct a 90% confidence interval to estimate µ1 - µ2.
4. What is a matched-pairs test
5. When does one use an F test?
6. (TESTING HYPOTHESES ABOUT TWO POPULATION VARIANCES) Test the following hypotheses by using the given sample information and a = .05. Assume the populations are normally distributed. H0: s 2 1 = s 2 2 Ha: s 2 1 = s 2 2 n1 = 5, n2 = 19, s1 = 4.68, s2 = 2.78
7. (ANALYSIS OF VARIANCE AND DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS) Compute a one- way ANOVA on the following data. (use Excel)
1 2 3 4 5
14 10 11 16 14
13 9 12 17 12
10 12 13 14 13
9 12 16 13
10 17 12
Determine the observed F value. Compare the observed F value with the critical table F value and decide whether to reject the null hypothesis. Use a = .01.
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of testing of hypothesis, ANOVA and confidence interval for difference in two population means. The solution also provides a brief explanation on he use of paired t test and F test. Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included. Interactive excel sheet is included. The user can edit the inputs and obtain the complete results for a new set of data.