Please explain the role of the Buddhist in Health and Wellness (Buddhism in Modern Medicine).
Preferably use the following link: http://www.changesurfer.com/Bud/BudBioEth.html© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 12:27 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Please write 400-500 words about role of the Buddhist in Health and Wellness (Buddhism in Modern Medicine). Preferably use the following link: http://www.changesurfer.com/Bud/BudBioEth.html
The objective of medicine and the Buddhist has the same aim, that of eliminating suffering. The Buddhist emphasis on compassion finds natural expression in the care of the sick. Buddhism's holistic understanding of human nature plays a role as it encourages a psychosomatic approach to the pathology of disease (Soni, 1976, as cited in Howes & Keown, 1995), which Western medicine is now increasingly embracing. And, as a diagnostic model and a philosophy, the Buddhist philosophy of origination in dependence encourages a preventive approach to healthcare. The Buddhist perspective on certain aspects of medical treatment is already beginning to appear, such as the integration of Buddhist meditation into medical practice (Epstein,1993; Kabat-Zinn's, 1990, 1994, as cited in Howes & Keown, 1995), and the growing literature on Buddhism and social justice (Jones, 1989; Swearer,1993, as cited in Howes & Keown, 1995, http://www.changesurfer.com/Bud/BudBioEth.html).
Buddhism philosophy also plays a role in defining accepted (or not) ethical practices related to issues such as of moral personhood (the question of who is and who is not entitled to moral respect), abortion, embryo experimentation, genetic engineering, consent to treatment, resource allocation, defining death, organ transplantation, living wills, the persistent vegetative state, and euthanasia. However, Buddhist practitioners or scholars, give more attention to some issues than others, which are reflected in Modern medicine. in ...
This solution fully explains the role of the Buddhist in Health and Wellness (Buddhism in Modern Medicine).
Buddhism, Hinduism, and Judaism Health Care Provisions
Compare the philosophy of providing care from the perspective of Buddhism, Hinduism, and Judaism faiths with that of the Christian perspective.
Answer the following questions for each faith
- What is their spiritual perspective on healing?
- What are the critical components of healing, such as prayer, meditation, belief, etc.?
- What is important to people of a particular faith when cared for by health care providers whose spiritual beliefs differ from their own?
- How do patients view health care providers who are able to let go of their own beliefs in the interest of the beliefs and practices of the patient? Compare these beliefs to the Christian philosopy of faith and healing.View Full Posting Details