1. Explain the meaning of the name, Islam.
2. Explain the basic concepts of Islam.
3. Describe the practices of Islam.
4. Describe the goals of Islam.
5. Describe the view of authority in Islam.
The Qur'an serves as the primary source of information and authority for Muslims, much as the Bible does for Christians. With this in mind, evaluate Islam's historical influences on law, philosophy, and the arts in the Muslim world. Write a 1- to 2-paragraph response for each of the following questions. Provide examples to illustrate your thinking.
1. What is the legal ideal in Islamic law? How does the Qur'an inform and guide Muslims in attaining this ideal?
2. What is the relationship between philosophy and theology within Islam? Is it acceptable for Muslims to hold separate philosophical and theological beliefs?
3. What artistic themes are regularly expressed in Islamic art and architecture? How are these themes explored? How has the Qur'an influenced the development of art in the Islamic world?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com August 14, 2018, 11:17 am ad1c9bdddf
Remember, we here at Brainmass cannot answer these questions directly. We can only help you in the right direction.
Let me give you a few concepts around which you might structure your answers:
This is a very good site: http://www.cair.com/AboutIslam/IslamBasics.aspx
and another, http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/
Both of these are important sources that can help greatly.
"Islam" means "submission" - that is, submission to the will of God.
The main way to grasp the faith is through its "pillars." I think these can answer your questions well:
1. Declaration of faith in Allah and Mohamed his prophet
2. 5 prayer services each day
3. All wealth is held in trust - it is God's, not yours; this is the "purification" of wealth. Anything that takes the mind off God, especially ...
The religion of Islam is explored. The concept, goals, and views are analyzed. The solution contains references for further studies. The view of the authority in Islam is determined.