Please see attachment. Thank You your help is greatly needed.
1. A stunt person jumps from the roof of a tall building, but no injury occurs because the person lands on a large, air-filled bag. Which one of the following best describes why no injury occurs?
2. Jennifer is walking at 1.63 m/s. If Jennifer weighs 583 N, what is the magnitude of her momentum?
4. A 0.1-kg steel ball is dropped straight down onto a hard horizontal floor and bounces straight up. Its speed just before and just after impact with the floor is 10 m/s. Determine the magnitude of the impulse delivered to the floor by the steel ball.
6. While a car is stopped at a traffic light in a storm, raindrops strike the roof of the car. The area of the roof is 5.0 m2. Each raindrop has a mass of 3.7 9 10^-4 kg and speed of 2.5 m/s before impact and is at rest after impact. If, on average at a given time, 150 raindrops strike each square meter, what is the impulse of the rain striking the car?
7. A bat strikes a 0.050-kg baseball so that its velocity changes by +30 m/s in 0.10 s. With what average force was the ball struck?
8. A 100-kg cannon at rest contains a 10-kg cannon ball. When fired, the cannon ball leaves the cannon with a speed of 90 m/s. What is the recoil speed of the cannon?
9. An 80-kg astronaut carrying a 20-kg tool kit is initially drifting toward a stationary space shuttle at a speed of 2 m/s. If she throws the tool kit toward the shuttle with a speed of 6 m/s as seen from the shuttle, her final speed is
10. Two cars of equal mass collide on a horizontal frictionless surface. Before the collision, car A is at rest while car B has a constant velocity of 12 m/s. After the collision, the two bodies are stuck together. What is the speed of the composite body after the collision.
Please see the attached file.
3. Assume upward direction is positive.
The initial velocity vi = - 12 m/s, the negative sign indicates its direction is downward.
The final velocity vf = 12 m/s.
Change in momentum is
4. By impulse-momentum theorem,
Momentum and impulse are investigated. The solution is detailed and was rated '5/5' by the student who originally posted the questions.