Please see attachment. Thank You your help is greatly needed.
1. A stunt person jumps from the roof of a tall building, but no injury occurs because the person lands on a large, air-filled bag. Which one of the following best describes why no injury occurs?
2. Jennifer is walking at 1.63 m/s. If Jennifer weighs 583 N, what is the magnitude of her momentum?
4. A 0.1-kg steel ball is dropped straight down onto a hard horizontal floor and bounces straight up. Its speed just before and just after impact with the floor is 10 m/s. Determine the magnitude of the impulse delivered to the floor by the steel ball.
6. While a car is stopped at a traffic light in a storm, raindrops strike the roof of the car. The area of the roof is 5.0 m2. Each raindrop has a mass of 3.7 9 10^-4 kg and speed of 2.5 m/s before impact and is at rest after impact. If, on average at a given time, 150 raindrops strike each square meter, what is the impulse of the rain striking the car?
7. A bat strikes a 0.050-kg baseball so that its velocity changes by +30 m/s in 0.10 s. With what average force was the ball struck?
8. A 100-kg cannon at rest contains a 10-kg cannon ball. When fired, the cannon ball leaves the cannon with a speed of 90 m/s. What is the recoil speed of the cannon?
9. An 80-kg astronaut carrying a 20-kg tool kit is initially drifting toward a stationary space shuttle at a speed of 2 m/s. If she throws the tool kit toward the shuttle with a speed of 6 m/s as seen from the shuttle, her final speed is
10. Two cars of equal mass collide on a horizontal frictionless surface. Before the collision, car A is at rest while car B has a constant velocity of 12 m/s. After the collision, the two bodies are stuck together. What is the speed of the composite body after the collision.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 21, 2018, 9:41 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/physics/velocity/momentum-impulse-174898
Please see the attached file.
3. Assume upward direction is positive.
The initial velocity vi = - 12 m/s, the negative sign indicates its direction is downward.
The final velocity vf = 12 m/s.
Change in momentum is
4. By impulse-momentum theorem,
Momentum and impulse are investigated. The solution is detailed and was rated '5/5' by the student who originally posted the questions.