1) A 2698 kg pick-up truck driven by Ford Tuff has a velocity of 42.4 m/s east. What is the magnitude of the momentum of the truck in kg-m/s?
2) A 2198 kg police pursued van is driven by Chase Mee. The van exhibits a momentum of 3698 kg-m/s. What is the velocity of the van in m/s as it veers rightward into a guardrail?
3) Rocky Surface, an astronaut with a mass of 105 kg, wears a space suit with a mass of 42 kg. If Rocky walks on the moon at a rate of 4 m/s eastward, what is the magnitude of the momentum of the astronaut and his suit in kg-m/s?
4) Rocky the astronaut from the problem above decides to run around on earth (6 times the acceleration due to gravity as compared to the moon) in his space suit with a velocity of 4 m/s westward. What would be the magnitude of the momentum in kg-m/s?
5) A force of 674 N is applied to a 4047 kg object for 31.9 seconds. What is the change in velocity that the object experienced?
6) P. Lise Go pushed her 779 kg vehicle from rest to 3.7 m/s in 21 seconds. What is the magnitude of the impulse on the car? (No + or - signs.)
7) Lee Mealone, a hermit, pushes a 16985 gram boulder into the wall of his cave at a speed of 4.5 m/s, the boulder is brought to a stop in 1.6 seconds. What was the magnitude of the average force in Newtons of the boulder on the wall? (No + or - signs.)
Hello and thank you for posting your question to Brainmass!
The solution is attached below in two Word XP ...
This Solution contains calculations to aid you in understanding the Solution to these questions.