I need help with the following problems.
Could you please provide the answers and workings out to the following physics problems. Please explain exactly how you came up with answer, provide a graph/drawing where needed for better understanding of the answer.
Please see attachment.
12. A train travels due south at 60 m/s. It reverses its direction and travels due north at 60m/s. what is the change of velocity of the train?
13. A spring loaded gund is aimed horizontally and is used to launch identical balls with different initial speed. The gun is at a fixed position above the floor. The balls are fired one at a time. If the speed of the second projectile fired is twice the speed of the first projecitle fired. how is the horizontal range affected?
14. A basketball is launched with an initial speed of 8.0 m/s and follows the trajectory shown. The ball enters the basket 0.96 s after it is launched. What are the distances a and y.
A football is kicked with a speed of 18 m/s at an angles of 60 degrees to the horizontal
15. What are the respective horizontal and veritcal components of the initial velocity of the football?
16. How long is the football in the air
17. How far does the football travel horizontally before it hits the ground?
18. A motorcycle has a velocity of 15 m/s, due south as it passes a car with a velocity of 24 m/s, due north. What is the magnitude and direction of the velocity of the motorcycle as seen by the driver of the car?
A man points his rowboat north from A to B, straight across a river of width 100 m. The river flows due east. The man starts across, rowing steadily at 0.75 m.s and reaches the other side of the river at point C. 150 m downstream from his starting point.
19. What is the speed of the river?
20. While the man is crossing the river, what is his velocity relative to the shore?
It provides detailed explainations to projectile and relative velocity related questions. The solution has a '5/5' rating from the student who posted the questions.