1. Consider the circuit shown in the attachment.
a. Do any of the bulbs have a complete circuit when all the switches are open? Which one(s)?
b. Do any of the switches cause a short circuit when closed? Which one(s)?
c. Which switches should be kept open, and which should be closed for the following to occur?
* only bulbs A and B are off
* only bulbs A and C are off
* only bulbs B and C are off
2. A light bulb of unknown resistance is connected in series with a 9.0 Ohm resistor to a 12.0 V battery. The current in the bulb is 0.80 A.
a. Sketch a schematic diagram of the circuit.
b. Find the equivalent resistance of the circuit.
c. Find the resistance of the light bulb.
Response gives circuit diagrams for each case in question 1.