1. Which of the following would be considered basic research?
a. testing the strength of a mouse cage
b. examining why a mouse likes cheddar cheese more than swiss cheese
c. testing a safe, nontoxic mouse glue
d. studying ways of catching mice safely
e. examining how quickly a trapdoor closes
2. Which of the following can be classified as matter?
d. ice cream
e. all of the above
3. Which of the following would not be considered matter?
4. Which of the following would be considered a physical property?
b. corrosion resistance
c. oxygen sensitivity
d. reactivity towards acid
a. It is not possible for water to be in the gaseous phase at temperatures below 0°C.
b. The frost in the freezer absorbs this moisture.
c. The kitchen freezer is most often sealed off from the atmosphere.
d. At the cold temperatures of your kitchen freezer, water molecules in the vapor phase are moving relatively slowly, which makes it easier for them to stick to inner surfaces within the freezer or to other water molecules.
6. Which of the following is not a chemical change?
a. grape juice turning into wine
b. a loaf of bread growing mold
c. grass growing
d. a rock being crushed to powder
e. wood burning to ash
7. Which statement best describes a compound?
a. a material that is made up of a single type of atom
b. a material that is made up of a combination of atoms bonded together
c. a mixture of more than one element
d. a mixture of atoms
e. none of the above
8. How many different elements are in the compound C6H12O6?
d. none of the above
e. All of the elements are the same.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 25, 2018, 3:12 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/physics/chemical-physics/physical-science-270269
Here are the answers to the questions:
1. d. studying ways of catching mice ...
This posting contains answers to the given questions.