. List the following in order of increasing length
size of the Sun
distance from the Sun to the Earth
size of Jupiter
distance to Jupiter
distance to the Moon
distance to Pluto
2. You are cruising down the highway at 60 mph (100 kph) and, without losing speed you follow the road which veers to the right. Have you accelerated?
3. You are driving along a straight road at 60 mph (100 kph) when you lift your foot off the accelerator until you reach a speed of 30 mph (50kph). Have you accelerated?
4. What is the basic difference between light waves and all other wave phenomena?
5. It takes 4 hydrogens to fuse into a helium atom. However, the mass of the 4 hydrogens is greater than the mass of the helium atom. What happens to the missing mass?
8. The Sun is a low mass star and so will never have the core fusion reactions of massive stars. Yet, the Sun has iron in its atmosphere, as well as gold, silver and other elements much heavier than iron. Why?
9. When a gravitational disturbance occurs, how fast does the ripple in space-time travel in empty space?
Hello and thank you for posting your question to Brainmass!
The solution is ...
Basic astronomy questions are addressed.