I have a few questions about copyright infringement particularly how it pertains to music and songs, the artists and the audience.
- What is copyright infringement? What is the history and purpose of the copyright infringement law?
- How does this law affect freedom of speech and press in regards to the first amendment?
- In relation to music, how does copyright infringement protect the artist or original creator of the song?
- How and by whom is a case of copyright infringement brought to court?
- How and whom can be convicted of copyright infringement in regards to music?
Thank you so much for your help.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 4, 2020, 2:57 am ad1c9bdddf
What is copyright infringement? What is the history and purpose of the copyright infringement law?
The copying of expression of a work that is registered with the copyright office of the United States by someone other than the copyright holder constitutes copyright infringement. The purpose of copyright infringement laws are to provide the owner with explicit and absolute autonomy to reproduce their work, the right to derivative works, the right to distribution, the public display right, and the public performance right. These rights are afforded to the owner of the copyrighted work and the infringement laws seek to protect these rights (Click and Copyright, 2012).
How does this law affect freedom of speech and press in regards to the first amendment?
This law does affect freedom of speech because often similarities can occur from ideas wherein ...
This solution provides students with an overview of the history and legal paramaters provided for copyright infringement law. The solution includes the purpose of the creation of copyright infringement laws and how they are applicaple in the current internet age.