Three to five reasons why the interaction between police officers and each of the special groups listed (minorities, gays & lesbians, juveniles, elderly and women) is often negative.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 8:15 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. An accusation of police abuses of forces has fostered a negative attitude towards the police.
2. The overrepresentation of the blacks and Afro Americans in the criminal justice system leads to a belief in the police that the minorities are involved in crime.
3. There is increased police presence and aggressive police patrol tactics in minority community areas.
4. Stereotypes lead to harsher penalties and sentencing for minority offenders.
1. The police associate gay with lower levels of education and ...
This solution gives you a detailed discussion on police and minorities.