Courtroom TV Paper:
Research the Internet and find a celebrated criminal prosecution case to analyze, such as a criminal case that received media attention. This case must have proceeded to trial; it cannot have been plea bargained or dismissed before the trial phase.
Address the following questions:
1) Summarize the criminal procedures that occurred in this case, from arrest through appeal, if applicable.
2) What was the crime the defendant was alleged to have committed? What are the elements of that crime? Is there sufficient evidence to believe the defendant guilty of this crime beyond a reasonable doubt? Explain.
3) Identify the legal defenses used in this case. Explain what the defense entails and if it is viable.
4) Based on the evidence, should, or did, the defense apply to either exonerate the defendant or reduce his sentence?
1) O.J. Simpson was arrested for the murder of his wife and her friend. He led police on a long police chase before his arrest. After the arrest he was sent to jail and given one of the highest profiled trials in history. His defense attorneys were called the dream team of lawyers because of the expertise and amount of money spent on the case. The prosecution presented its case and during these proceedings the defense was able to prove that racism was valid in the police investigation with a lead detective responsible for racial slurs. In ...
The expert summarizes the criminal procedures that occurred in a case. Crime defendants which was alleged to have committed is determined.