Refer to Table 18.1 on page 587 in your book. Read the related text. From that information, summarize and explain the four categories of legal protections against wrongful discharge. Write a good introductory sentence to set up your essay, and then write one good paragraph for each of the four categories. (We only need a summary.)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 3:10 am ad1c9bdddf
There are four types of legal protections that employees have if there is wrongful discharge>
There are several constitutional protections that an employee has against wrongful discharge. These include the First Amendment protection of speech, Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments related to due process and equal protection, and the provisions of state constitutions. There are issues related to separation of powers, right to trial by jury, equal protection and procedural due process. The employee has the protection of separation of power, right to trial by jury, and procedural due process. This is the protection provided by the constitution.
There are a host of statutory laws that help prevent wrongful discharge of employee. The tenure laws of civil service provide ...
This solution gives you a detailed discussion on legal protections against wrongful discharge
Donn Milton, Dr., v. IIT Research Institute is summarized.
Read the Donn Milton, Dr., v. IIT Research Institute on page 32-33 of the text attached. After reading the case, answer the following questions:
1) What does employment-at-will mean?
2) In legal terms, why did Milton lose her case?
3) The court here expresses concern that, if Dr. Milton were permitted to win, it would open a "Pandora's box," with "every corporate officer fired in the wake of a disagreement over an employer's business practices" a potential successful plaintiff. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
4) Take a look at Montana's "Wrongful Discharge from Employment Act" found on page 44 . How do you believe Milton would have fared under this Act?
5) Would the SOX law have protected Dr. Donn Milton? Why or Why not?
6) Public policy tort actions for wrongful discharge have been allowed in a number of different situations. Discuss each of these situations.View Full Posting Details