1. Explain when competition is and is not required in federal contracting.
2. Explain at least 3 major problems or issues related to full and open competition in federal contracting.
3. Explain and elaborate on the requirements that must be met in order to solicit under anything other than full and open competition.
4. What is your opinion as to whether the FAR ought to include step-by-step process for conducting source selection?
1.) Explain when competition is and is not required in federal contracting.
Competition is ALWAYS required in federal contracting when contracts are awarded at the local, state, and federal level. These bidding contracts must adhere to a significant body of law designed to ensure the public trust is upheld. Therefore, all businesses are able to bid for a contract with certain contracts allocated for minority businesses and other provisions such as small businesses, but competition within these contracts also is mandatory among the small businesses or minority business owners. In essence, there is never a time when competition is not required in federal contracting (US Legal, 2012).
2.) Explain at least 3 major problems or issues related to full and open competition in federal contracting.
Three major issues when ascertaining why full and open competition in federal contracting is mandatory are the use of taxpayer monies, the legitimacy of why contracts are awarded, and providing fair and equal opportunities to all businesses for bidding to eliminate government cronyism and corruption. Taxpayer money is expected by taxpayers to be spent wisely and for just reasons, which is why it is ...
This solution assessng several areas of federal contracts such as when competition for these contracts should occur, the requirements associated with the soliciting of federal contracts, and issues related to open competition in federal contracting. The student is provided in-depth analysis of these criteria.
Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Policies
1. Using the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) identify the policies/procedures regarding requirement definition/description and provide a summary of the policies/procedures.
2. Using the FAR identify the policies/procedures regarding acquisition planning and provide a summary of the policies/procedures.
3. Using the FAR identify the policies/procedures regarding purchase orders and provide a summary of the policies/procedures.
http://farsite.hill.af.mil/VFFARA.HTMView Full Posting Details