Steam is leaving a pressure cooker whose operating pressure is 30 psi. It is observed that the amount of liquid in the cooker has decreased by 0.4 gal in 45 minutes after the steady operating conditions are established, and the cross-sectional area of the exit opening is 0.15 in^2. Determine (a) the mass flow rate of the steam and the exit velocity, (b) the total and flow energies of the steam per unit mass, and (c) the rate at which energy is leaving the cooker by steam.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 6:09 pm ad1c9bdddf
I prefer to work in SI units, there will be no problem to convert back to any other system of units.
a) The volume flow rate is 0.4 gal per 45 min, that means
0.4 gal = 0.4*3.785 = 1.514 L --> volume rate = 1.514/45 =
= 0.0336 L/min = 0.0336/60 = 0.00056 L/s
By looking in a steam table (you can find a lot of steam tables on Internet), we will find on saturation line:
p = 30 psia = 2.0685 bar --> T = 394.4 K = 121.2 deg C
ro(L) = 942.1 kg/m3 = 0.9421 kg/L
where ro(L) is density of water at liquid state
This complete answer includes calculations and explanation. 400 words.
Riordan supply chain and operational design
Riordan Supply-Chain and Operational Design Analysis Pt.1
• Ch. 9 Quality
• Previous Assignment Information
• Riordan Simulation
• Project Requirements (Dr. Tom)
Writing Tense: 3rd Person (He, She, They, or It)
Writing Style: Expository (Explain, Review, and Describe - Be Objective - Avoid Personal Opinions)
Minimum Word Count for the Assignment: Between 450 - 600 total words
Answer the following discussion points with operational concepts presented within the course material.
• Determine Riordan's manufacturing strategy (Chase, Level, or combination) and explain its benefits.
• Describe how lean production principles may be used to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain process
• Create an analysis-based process flow diagram for the existing versus the proposed supply-chain and operational processes
Assignment Quality Requirements
• Includes an active attempt to present the information in a clear, and concise manner
• Includes one or more supporting citations for each discussion point. The primary supporting citation must be from the course text, and or, course support documents.
• Includes external support citations from a minimum of two peer-reviewed journal articles less than 5-years old. The supporting article references satisfy the writing requirements for conducting research beyond the course material.
(Basic definitions and concepts not cited from the course text and support materials will result in points deducted from the overall assignment score.)
• Formatted based on the standard APA citation rules
• Submitted through the Plagiarism Checker/Grammarly Tools and demonstrate a reasonable attempt to correct quality issues
• Reviewed and adjusted per writing requirements in the course Instructor