Fig. Q3 shows a rigid light beam which is hinged at O to a wall. The beam carries a point mass of m at the free end. The beam is connected at its mid-point to a spring (stiffness k) which is also connected to a support that moves with a vertical motion y = Y sinwt. A damper (coefficient c) connects the mid-point of the beam to a fixed support.
(i) By taking moments about O of the forces acting on the beam show that an equation of motion can be obtained with the form
4mx + cx + kx = kY sin ωt
Please note that in the equation above the first x should have two dots above it and the second x should have one dot above it only. The reason why they haven't is because I am unsure how to type them in, my apologises.
where x is the displacement of the mid-point of the beam.
(ii) Determine the maximum value for w if the amplitude ratio of the x displacement (i.e. X) to Y is not to exceed 10%.
Take m = 2 kg; k = 6.25 kN/m; c = 45 Ns/m.
(The Answer to part (ii) is given as 87.8 rad/s)
Please could you respond to this question in its simplest form, with any additional notes for me to understand the process of the answer. I look forward to your reply. Many Thanks for your time and effort. Mr P Stones.
PS. I have also included an attachment of the question and sketch.
Discussion Questions: Essentials of College Writing
1. What did you learn about the process of applying the writing strategies and process? Cite specific examples? (least 200 words or more in length each question)
* COMM/215 ESSENTIALS OF COLLEGE WRITING - presents the opportunity to review individual and team essays in order to understand and verbalize individual and team processes:
2. How have your writing and thinking skills been changed? What have you learned works best for you?
3. Have you integrated some new terminology into your vocabulary? Are you reading differently?
4. Do you see the rhetorical strategies at work in the writing and thinking of yourself and others?View Full Posting Details