What are the main areas of responsibility of the federal, state, and local governments? In what ways are they similar? How are they different? Provide examples.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:28 am ad1c9bdddf
The federal government's main area of responsibility is to oversee the matters of national importance, such as national defense and security, foreign relations, macroeconomic policies, national laws and regulations pertaining to areas like labor, healthcare, etc. State government's main areas of responsibilities pertain to matters important for the state, ...
Financial management discussion questions
1. Dumping, while illegal, would offer products to consumers at very low prices. As a consumer, what is your opinion of this? Explain your reasoning.
2. Tariffs effectively raise the price of goods imported from different countries. How do you feel about this?
3. In your opinion, have U.S. companies effectively lobbied for antidumping regulations and tariffs just to gain a competitive advantage domestically? Has this been effective? Why or why not?
1. What process must a company take to raise capital? Are there different methods for different types of companies? What are the risks and benefits of each?
2. If taking a company public is such a good idea, why don't all companies choose to do so? What are the risks? What are the benefits?
3. What is the difference between an IPO and an SEO? Which would you choose to invest in and why?
1. Provide an example of a short-term financing strategy and a long-term financing strategy. In what financial scenario would each strategy be most applicable? Is one method preferable to the other? Explain your rationale.
2. Give two examples of credit policy affecting the cash conversion cycle. Is relying on credit as a form of capital management advisable? Why or why not?
3. Of the three types of loans available for corporations, under what scenarios would each be appropriate? why?
1. Explain the six different brand elements and how they apply to Coca Cola
2. Select an article and identify the issues and some of the ways that this dispute can be solved through conciliation, arbitration, and litigation.
3. What would your recommendations be?