Purchase Solution

Expected Return on Lotteries

Not what you're looking for?

Ask Custom Question

Assume you buy a lottery ticket, which has the odds of one winner for every 1,000 tickets sold; The ticket costs $10 and if you win, you receive $2,500. What is the expected return from buying this lottery ticket? What does the expected return % number mean?

Purchase this Solution

Solution Summary

Expected Return on Lotteries

Solution Preview

You have 0.1% chance of winning 2500, and 99.9% chance of getting nothing, and you pay $10 for the ...

Purchase this Solution

Free BrainMass Quizzes
Economics, Basic Concepts, Demand-Supply-Equilibrium

The quiz tests the basic concepts of demand, supply, and equilibrium in a free market.

Economic Issues and Concepts

This quiz provides a review of the basic microeconomic concepts. Students can test their understanding of major economic issues.

Pricing Strategies

Discussion about various pricing techniques of profit-seeking firms.

Elementary Microeconomics

This quiz reviews the basic concept of supply and demand analysis.

Basics of Economics

Quiz will help you to review some basics of microeconomics and macroeconomics which are often not understood.