See attachment.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 11:23 pm ad1c9bdddf
Calculating variable cost (VC), average variable cost (AVC), average total cost (ATC), and average fixed cost (AFC) of the given data
Economic Margins, Price, Elasticity
This assignment has been revised!!! Please help!!!
Chapter 21, Exercises 1-4, 11
1. Use the following information to determine the total fixed costs, total variable costs, average fixed costs, average variable costs, average total costs, and
Total Output Costs TFC TVC AFC AVC ATC MC
2. Use the following table to answer the questions listed below.
Total Output Cost TFC TVC AFC AVC ATC MC
a. Calculate the total fixed costs, total variable costs, average fixed costs, average variable costs, average total costs, and marginal costs.
b. Plot each of the cost curves.
c. At what quantity of output does marginal cost?
equal average total cost and average variable cost?
3. Using the table in exercise 1, explain what happens to ATC when MC > ATC, MC < ATC, and MC ¼ ATC.
4. Using the table in exercise 2, find the quantity where MC ¼ ATC. Find the quantity where ATC is at its minimum. Find the quantity that is the most
efficient operating point for the firm.
11. Consider a firm with a fixed-size production facility as described by its existing cost curves.
a. Explain what would happen to those cost curves if a mandatory health insurance program is imposed on all firms.
b. What would happen to the cost curves if the plan required the firm to provide a health insurance program for each employee worth 10 percent of the employee's salary?
c. How would that plan compare to one that requires each firm to provide a $100,000 group program that would cover all employees in the firm, no matter what the number of employees was?View Full Posting Details