Macro set #3 all questions need help© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:10 am ad1c9bdddf
Most of these are true by definition, but I have provided explanations where I thought they would be useful. Let me know if you need any further assistance with understanding these answers and thank you for using BrainMass.
1. A financial intermediary is an institution that
? Collects funds from lenders and distributes these funds to borrowers
2. A ___________ is a financial intermediary that provides liquid assets in the form of bank deposits to lenders and uses those funds to finance the illiquid investments or investment spending needs of borrowers
3. A pension fund
? Is a type of mutual fund that holds assets in order to provide retirement income to its members
4. Money is best defined as
? Anything you can trade in exchange for other goods and services
In the case of fiat money, there would be no intrinsic value and is therefore not an asset.
5. A liquid asset
? Can be quickly converted into currency
6. Money that has value apart from its use as money is
? Commodity money
7. Fiat money is
? A medium of exchange whose value derives entirely from its official government status as a means of payment
8. Which of the following is not a role of money
? Liquid reserve
9. The medium of exchange function means money is used
? To pay for goods and services
10. When the economy experiences inflation, money may not be the best
? Store of value
11. The largest component of M1 is
12. __________ is the narrowest and most liquid measure of money
13. A fractional reserve banking system is one in which banks are required to hold
? A fraction of total deposits on reserve
14. Which of the following are bank reserves
? Deposits with the federal reserve
Reserves consist of vault cash and deposits at the Fed
15. Excess reserves are
? A bank's reserves over and above its required reserves
16. Banks create money when they
? Loan money
When a bank makes a loan based on a ...
Purposes of money in the macroeconomy
22 MULTIPLE CHOICE MACROECONOMICS: NO FEEDBACKS, PROOFS, EXPLANATIONS REQUIRED
1. PLEASE, NO FEEDBACK, RATIONALES, EXPLANASTIONS, OR PRROFS.
2. ONLY WRITE YES BY THE BEST POSSIBLE CHOICE.
3. UPLOAD AND SUBMIT