I need help on just getting started with each question as to which angle to take and what resources to use.
1. What has caused the U.S. run a merchandise trade deficit year after year since the early 1980s?
2. Is the current account a deficit problem? Explain.
3. Is the trend of the international investment position of the U.S. problematic? Why or why not?
4. How is the current account related to a country's business cycle?
5. What is the relationship between a country's net financial inflow and its current account?
6. How does the U.S make adjustments for the balance of payment issues?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 4:33 pm ad1c9bdddf
What has caused the U.S. run a merchandise trade deficit year after year since the early 1980s?