While at lunch, you and the company's chief financial officer (CFO) begin to discuss opportunities to expand in the U.S. Discuss the opportunities to expand in the U.S., what it would take, and the potential hurdles the firm would have to overcome. Be sure to identify specific retail companies that could potentially sell CPI's products, the markets that would be attractive, and some of the financial and economic considerations.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 9:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
Opportunities to expand in the USA:
CPI can leverage on its existing brand reputation and goodwill generated in its local region to expand throughout the nation and capture attractive retail opportunities existing in the country. CPI can transform itself from a small regional player to a pan-USA player, as well as establish its footprint in the fast growign online retail segment.
Key hurdles that needs to be overcome:
The transition to a pan-nation player will demand significant changes, both at the strategic as well as operational levels for CPI. CPI will need to invest heavily into technology, infrastructure and human resources to support this expansion. A complete change the overall strategy and mindset of employees need to be brought to ensure that firm competes successfully against much larger and established players like P&G.
This industry is quite competitive and cost/pricing plays a critical role, especially for the survival of newcomers like CPI. ...
Discuss the opportunities to expand in the U.S., what it would take, and the potential hurdles the firm would have to overcome.
Global Financial Markets: discuss currency, demographics, economic growth, risks, measurement of globalization and GDP.
1. Discuss whether each and every country should have its own currency, stock market and/or domestically owned banking system?
2. What are some of the important financial and economic implications of the changing demographics in the United States over the next several decades?
3. What are some of the things that low income countries do with respect to their financial systems to promote economic growth and development?
4. How should a U.S. firm desiring to expand internationally determine in which countries to expand, what are some of the potential risks it will face, and how might it mitigate them?
5. Discuss different ways one might measure globalization? Also, discuss the major benefits and costs of globalization.
6. Discuss the change in the shares of world GDP, population, financial assets and equity markets in the past 5-10 years accounted for by different countries. What does this say about the change in world economic power? What are the implications of the rise of China and India to global financial markets and U.S. firms?
Total response: approximately 3,000 wordsView Full Posting Details