1. What is global warming? Define it in scientific terms.
2. What are the causes of increased greenhouse gases?
3. What country do you think is the largest contributor to global warming?
4. What types of industry emit the most greenhouse gases?
5. 5 policies to help reduce global warming.
6. What will be the penalty if your policies are not followed? These policies can be aimed at both industry and individuals.
7. What is the evidence for those in favor of the idea that global warming is a real process and occurring right now?
8. What is the evidence for those in favor of the idea that global warming is a farce and is not occurring?
9. Do you believe in global warming? Why or why not?
Global warming refers to the increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans in recent decades and its projected continuation. Climate change is any substantial change in Earth's climate that lasts for an extended period of time. Global warming refers to climate change that causes an increase in the average temperature of the lower atmosphere. It can have many different causes, but it is most commonly associated with human interference, specifically the release of excessive amounts of greenhouse gases
Greenhouse gases and the Theory of Global Warming
2-3 paragraphs (original work)
The Greenhouse effect and greenhouse gases have increased as a result of human activities, (anthropogenic) primarily since the Industrial Revolution. These gases lead scientists to the Theory of Global Warming.
As an environmentalist, you are very interested in the Theory of Global Warming and climate change. The United Nations has established The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) that published the AR4 Synthesis Report. "Global GHC emissions due to human activities have grown since pre-industrial times, with an increase of 70% between 1970 and 2004." Other scientists say that Global Warming does not exist and support the idea that climate fluctuations are natural changes that have happened before in historical weather patterns. Evidence from all over the world indicates that the earth was hotter 1,000 years ago than it is today. Research shows that temperatures were higher in what is known as the Medieval Warming period than they were in the 1990s. You are to discuss the questions below about Global Warming:
What are Greenhouse gases? List 3 greenhouse gases. What are the sources of these?
Summarize and defend your opinion either for, against, or undecided about Global Warming.
What is Sound Science? Does it support your opinion of Theory of Global Warming? Explain your answer.
List 3 things that can be done to reduce carbon emissions.