Instructions: Please number and answer each question using essay formatting and APA guidelines.
1. Define transformational and transactional leadership.
2. Describe the Seven Lever Model
3. Explain the value of Mission, Vision, and Value statements to the transformation process.
4. ISO 14001 is organized around five basic principles. Please list.
5. What is the purpose of a GAP analysis?
6. Describe Self - Declaration and when is it appropriate to use?
7. What is the relationship among an environmental policy, an EMS, and an EMP? Provide an example to show the importance of this relationship.
8. What is a LCA? What is the importance of a LCA on an EMS and ISO 14000? Provide an example.
9. How does a sustainability plan positively affect internal stakeholders?
10. What are the steps to anchoring change into the culture of an organization?
Transformational Leadership is an approach that creates significant change in team or in organizations by communicating, redesigns values, modeling a vision for organization and aspirations of employees to strain for organization vision. The transformational leaders transform the environment and the people in it. In this leadership perspective leader focuses on building a good and appropriate environment in the organization and raising the relationship among the team member of organization. The transformational leaders motivate the follower to work beyond the self-interest. The leaders form the new followers and motivate them to act beyond their self interest (McShane, VonGlinow & Sharma, 2006).
Transactional leadership approach is based on the "exchanging one thing for another". It means the transactional leaders offers the rewards to the followers for the high performance and deny the rewards for the low performance. The leaders depend on standard forms of inducement, reward, punishment and sanction to control followers. The transactional leadership is effective to exploiting knowledge at the organizational level. A transactional leader provides the stability in both followers and the organizational (Bass & Riggio, 2006).
The Seven Lever Model includes a number of components for the integrated change within the organization. It is an open system, which includes the interrelationship of the entire components of an organization for integrated change. It is quite helpful to support the understanding of managing changes within an organization. The components included for integrated change are led by the strategic objectives of the firm and focuses on the results. Following are the seven important components, which are included in Seven Lever Model -
• Value and Culture of the organization
• Management process and system
• Work process and business system
• Reward and recognition
• Organization, teams and job design (Fletcher, 1998).
(Boulter & Hill, 1998).
The above are the seven components, which are included in the Seven Lever Model. These components in this model are essential as it is based on creating strategies through the people involvement as people are the major factor, who resists change in the organization.
(See attachment for figure.)
Mission Statement: In the transformation process the mission of an organization fulfills the purpose of how. The mission statement of an organization provides the way through which an organization may accomplish its business objectives. The mission includes the strategies, which helps to enhance the effectiveness of the transformation process of the business (Osborne, 2002). It also explains how resources would be obtained for the completion of process. The mission statement also defines the reason for the existence of the business.
Vision Statement: The vision statement is also valuable to the transformation process of the organization. The vision statement is quite significant to provide future focus to the employees or teams within the organization. The vision statement includes the long term objectives of the firm which it strives to achieve (Kilpatrick & Johnson, 1999). It is important for transformation process to direct it in order to ...
This solution assists with practice problems related to sustainable enterprise planning.