Industry Description: Using the firm TelePacific
1. Describe the product, production methods, scale of production, and sources for raw materials. What technologies are used?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:14 am ad1c9bdddf
Using the firm TelePacific
1. Describe the product, production methods, scale of production, and sources for raw materials. What technologies are used?
TelePacific is a phone services provider. Its products are divided into four categories. These are voice services, data networking, bundled services, and enhanced business services. In each area it sells an extensive mix of products. N the voice services it sells local and long distance dialing and mobile services. In the mobile phone services it sells smart phones like Blackberry, and its application, it sells cell phone (Kyocera Mako $4000. Similarly, in case of data networking, it sells Internet access through DSL, T1 & Bonded T1, DS3, and Ethernet. It also sells wireless internet like wireless broadband, managed security, and Ethernet access. Its bundled service includes SmartVoice PRICAS, Business Lines, and SIP Network ...
This answer provides you an excellent discussion on TelePacific
Analyze an oligopoly.
TELEPACIFIC EXPANDS INTO TEXAS WITH TEL WEST PURCHASE, present two arguments. The first should argue in favor of the proposed merger, from the perspective of the firms. The second argues against the proposed merger from the perspective of the broader public interest. In those arguments, answer the following questions.
1. Explain the importance of competition among firms.
2. Explain whether the competitive environment in this industry benefits society or not.
3. Is a high degree of market concentration a boon or threat to consumers? Explain. Use either the allocative efficiency or dynamic efficiency arguments.
4. Can the oligopoly market structure benefit both consumers and businesses by forging common standards in industries that experience rapid technological change?
Retrieved from: http://www.channelpartnersonline.com/news/2011/06/telepacific-expands-into-texas-with-tel-west-purc.aspx